28. ožu 2014.

Mini Review - Unravel by Calia Read

Buy the book:
Connect with the author:

My rating: 4.5 stars

Book summary:

"Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine. 
One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward. 
Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind. 
Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help. 
A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past. 
And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me. 
Do you believe me"

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20820209-unravel

      Such a weird book. I have no idea how to write this review and not spoil it for you, that is why this will be a mini review. Unravel is one of those stories that is best to pick up and read. Skip book summary and other people thoughts about it. That was just what I had done.

       Actually, you can read a book summary. It won't tell you anything - perfect example how to write synopsis. I did have certain expectations, but this turned out to be so much more. If you want to read just another new adult romance novel, this is not it. But if you are sick of predictable stories with good girls gone bad and alpha bad boys, if you need something that will keep you on the edge until the very end, Unravel by Calia Read is perfect choice for you.

      Twisted and dark - you would feel as you're losing your mind along with main character, Naomi. Even when you think that you know what comes next, you would still be unsure of your own judgement. Main focus is not on the love story, but there are two men that will drive you crazy. And than there is that other... person.

      I will finish here before I start telling you everything, but please, just read it. I promise you that Unravel is something different.


Happy reading,

Broj komentara: 36:

  1. The cover on this is gorgeous! I love that this sounds completely strange and unusual and I love that you loved it so much. I think I need to mark this one to read for sure now.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I didn't expect much when I picked it up, but it surprised me - worth reading.

      Izbriši
  2. Vague, spoiler-free reviews are the hardest! I admit, I need more from a synopsis to go on, but you have me intrigued. Thanks for the review, Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This looks really interesting! I like that you didn't write a long review "just because," you made it the length it needed to be without giving everything away. This definitely intrigues me, and I know if I'm ever feeling up for a different type of book, I'll pick this one up :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you, Victoria. :)
      I hope you will like it as much as I did.

      Izbriši
  4. I'm really curious about this one, Glass. I usually want a HEA and I'm not sure about this one. Will I be happy with the ending? Great review! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh, Rachel... Do you remember Karina Halle and her endings? ;)

      Izbriši
  5. Yeah, how could you NOT be curious after all of that? I've been sitting here for like two minutes after rereading the blurb, and I got nuthin'. I'm putting on the wishlist, but saving it for the next time I'm in the mood for dark and twisty ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. LOL, I know how you feel. You won't regret reading Unravel, Jessica.

      Izbriši
  6. You've definitely peeked my interest; you're mini-review says nothing, yet so much at the same time! I guess there's only one way to find out for sure...

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. WOW...your reviews are just the way I like it, mysterious! I actually have this book on my kindle and a 4.5 rating makes me want to read it! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. I love New Adult and while I love the more "typical" ones I also love the ones that are different and change things up. Gotta look into this one. Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh, this one is like nothing you've read so far. Thank you.

      Izbriši
  9. I am most curious. I have almost given up on this genre, but I am relieved to see authors finally branching out and doing something different. I will have to make a note to check this out. Thanks for the recommendation.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Unravel is perfect for everyone who doesn't like usual NA drama.
      You are welcome.

      Izbriši
  10. Whoa, I hadn't heard of this before but now I'm dying to read it! I'll have to check it one out!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Then you should read it asap. It is worth your time.

      Izbriši
  11. Sounds great. I like that the romance isn't the main focus.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. This sounds really good. Unreliable narrator right?

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Amazing. It is - perfect for this kind of story.

      Izbriši
  13. Not sure what I feel about losing my mind with the narrator!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. If you're in the mood for something dark and different, you won't mind that.;)

      Izbriši
  14. You'e certainly built up the mystery and intrigue with this one Glass!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I don't mind when a book is completely unique and different to what you were expecting. This is the first I've heard of Unravel but you defo have me interested in it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I noticed the cover first, to be completely honest. It's pretty, isn't it?

      Izbriši
  16. Sounds weird in a good way at least, right? I've read plenty of weird books that were just... no. So, so weird. Haha. Definitely sounds like it has some positive points.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Amazing way, Aman! If you like darker stories.

      Izbriši
  17. You did a great job with the mini review. Sometimes it is so hard to write a review without saying something that will spoil the story. You keep things very mysterious and now I want to find out what the heck this book is about. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  18. I love the cover of this book!! Can`t wait to read it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. It got my attention first too. I hope you'll like it.

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...