26. lip 2013.

Waiting on Wednesday (#49)



You know the story. This is a meme created by Breaking the Spine and every week we pick books we're waiting for. Here are our picks for this week.

Glass' pick


Ben could date anyone he wants, but he only has eyes for the new girl — sarcastic free-spirit, Ani. Luckily for Ben, Ani wants him too. She’s everything Ben could ever imagine. Everything he could ever want.

But that all changes after the party. The one Ben misses. The one Ani goes to alone.

Now Ani isn’t the girl she used to be, and Ben can’t sort out the truth from the lies. What really happened, and who is to blame?

Ben wants to help her, but she refuses to be helped. The more she pushes Ben away, the more he wonders if there’s anything he can do to save the girl he loves.


Expected publication: November 12th, 2013

Tanja's pick

"Jacob was time out of sync, time more perfect than it had been. He was life the way it was supposed to be all those years ago. That's what all the Returned were." 

Harold and Lucille Hargrave's lives have been both joyful and sorrowful in the decades since their only son, Jacob, died tragically at his eighth birthday party in 1966. In their old age they've settled comfortably into life without him, their wounds tempered through the grace of time.

Until one day Jacob mysteriously appears on their doorstep--flesh and blood, their sweet, precocious child, still eight years old.

All over the world people's loved ones are returning from beyond. No one knows how or why this is happening, whether it's a miracle or a sign of the end. Not even Harold and Lucille can agree on whether the boy is real or a wondrous imitation, but one thing they know for sure: he's their son. As chaos erupts around the globe, the newly reunited Hargrave family finds itself at the center of a community on the brink of collapse, forced to navigate a mysterious new reality and a conflict that threatens to unravel the very meaning of what it is to be human.

With spare, elegant prose and searing emotional depth, award-winning poet Jason Mott explores timeless questions of faith and morality, love and responsibility. A spellbinding and stunning debut, The Returned is an unforgettable story that marks the arrival of an important new voice in contemporary fiction.


Expected publication: August 27th, 2013

We'd love to see your picks so feel free to link them up.

Until the next time,

Broj komentara: 35:

  1. Both of these books sound great! This is the first time that I've heard of Fault Line, and I've seen The Returned on NetGalley! Thanks for sharing to awesome WOW picks :) Tanja, that you for visiting my WOW!

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I hope you'll get to read them then :) Thank you! :)

      Izbriši
  2. The Returned sounds like the french film They Came Back. Curious about it though.
    Fault line sounds good as well.

    Thanks for visiting My WoW earlier!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Great picks! I especially love the description of The Returned. Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Awesome picks. Thanks for sharing :)

    blog follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-53-snakeroot.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Both books sounds really good :) Great picks!

    Janina
    My WW!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. YES to both of these! This is the first time I've seen the cover for Fault Line, and I love the simplicity of it. The Returned was all over BEA this year, and whenever there's that much attention on a book, I know I have to read it. Fabulous picks, both!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Really? Wow I didn't know that The Returned was that popular. Great! :) Thanks Jenny :)

      Izbriši
  7. Great picks this week. I have an arc of Fault Line that I can't wait to read. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Nice picks. I saw a lot of fuss over The Returned, it's gonna be the next big thing!
    Hope you get the books soon and enjoy them :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Yes it's really intriguing! :) Thanks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. i like the sound of both of your picks. and both have such intriguing covers! awesome :D

    check out my WoW

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. There is just something about that cover for The Returned that I love so much. Very eye-catching. And it sounds great! Both are great picks for the week. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Agreed! That plus the blurb and I was sold! :) Thanks Sara! :)

      Izbriši
  12. I was so tempted to get a copy of The Returned but I was so booked that I declined. It sounds creepy and good. The other is new to me, but I always love sarcasm. Thanks for sharing!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I'm kinda scared of reading it but I'll give it a try. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  13. Great picks! I haven't heard of any of these but they sound awesome :)

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-4/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Oh, pretty covers :) Sounds like awesome books ;) Hope you'll both enjoy them :)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. I haven't heard of either of these titles but they both sound fascinating and I love the covers. Great picks, ladies! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. I want to read both of these! I have an ARC of The Returned, and I'm now I'm definitely going on the prowl for Fault Line too. Fab choices, ladies! :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  17. Fault Line has me very intrigued with what happened to Ani and what Ben will do. The Returned is new to me and sounds very good. Loved ones coming back from the grave all across the world! Thanks for stopping by!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes that's why I picked it, cause sounds really good. Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  18. I have heard fantastic things about The Returned. I actually snagged an ARC of it at BEA and I have been dying to read it. Fault Line is new to me but it sounds great. Awesome picks.


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Oh I can't wait to see what you think of it, I have gotten an arc myself :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...