5. tra 2013.

Daughter of the Earth and Sky by Kaitlin Bevis

Buy the book at

Author's 

Book summary: 

Some vows can never be broken.


Persephone thought she could go back to her normal life after returning from the Underworld. She was wrong.
The goddess Aphrodite is born among the waves with more charm than she can control. Zeus is stalking Persephone and her loved ones, and Thanatos is no longer content with Persephone’s silence.

He wants her soul.

Persephone can’t tell anyone about Thanatos’ betrayal, and it drives a wedge between her and Hades. Her mother is still keeping secrets, and Melissa’s jealousy of Aphrodite threatens to tear their friendship apart.
Alone, Persephone turns to a human boy for comfort. But will their relationship put him in danger?
Sacrifices must be made, and Persephone must choose between her human life and her responsibilities as a goddess. If she doesn’t, she could lose them both.
But will either life be worth choosing once Zeus is through with her?



       I guess this had to happen sooner or later. For the first time since I've started reviewing and blogging I forgot to do a review for a book. I'm extremely sorry for that and I'll give my best not to do this again.

       So few months ago I've read the first book in Daughter of Zeus series. If you want you can check my review for Persephone here. Now it's time to do what I should have done a while ago - the review for the second book in this series Daughter of the Earth and Sky.

        As you can get from the titles this is about greek mythology. I'm really fascinated by that and long time ago I've read many myths but as time passes I've forgotten many things. Somehow I've managed to miss Persephone. I was really happy to hear more about that myth and really enjoyed the story. Here the story continues. After everything she has been through in the first book she though that now it was time for everything to go back to normal. She should know better. Hades was still on her mind and not only because everything that happened between then but also she has a big secret and unfortunately she cannot tell anyone. Even though that'd help many she was young and naive once upon a time. Now she must fight and find a way to tell the truth. Not to mention that Zeus is still stalking her and Aphrodite decided to get her piece of all of this.

         Over all I really enjoyed this sequel. As far as I know the third book titled The Iron Queen should be out on May 17th. I'm really looking forward to reading the book and finding out more about mythology. Needless to say Hades is also something I'm looking forward reading about.

Rating: 5 stars.

Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 10:

  1. It's fantastic when a sequel lives up to the first book in the series and this cover is so pretty!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. The end is a bit huh dramatic! I can't wait for the next book :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  2. This sounds like a great book based on greek mythology. It's a bit overdone, but is quite a treat when done well- just like this book.

    - Ellie at The Selkie Reads Stories

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes it is..but let's face it it's not easy to get mythology to work in contemporary world :)

      Izbriši
  3. I've been wanting to check out this series for a while. I've been seeing a lot about it over the past few months :) Awesome review!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Zeus is stalking Persephone and Aphrodite... Hmmm... Interesting. I hadn't heard of this series before, but like you, Greek mythology fascinates me as well. I dunno if I'll read this one though. Awesome review!

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes Zeus is kinda of bad boy here xD I really like it :) Thanks :)

      Izbriši
  5. I just remembered that I received Persephone for review in December and I still did not read it *facepalm* Thank God I started entering all in one spreadsheet. I'm glad that you liked it, great review and I will be definitely reading this series soon. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes I know the feeling. I'm really organized and this have never happened before! I hope you'll enjoy it :)

      Izbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...