7. sij 2013.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


Buy the book at 

Author's 

Book summary: 


When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?


This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . . 

       
         It's not strange for me to do opposite things in life, for example I read newspapers form last page. I have no idea why but it's just me. Well the same thing is here. Everyone is reading a central series first and then the spin-offs, but not me. The Infernal Devices is the first Cassandra's series I've read and every since I wanted to read this one and finally that time has come.

         Clary is a young girl with pretty normal life, but as usual she doesn't know the whole truth. While Jace is boy with unusual life the one many people don't know about, still that world is not without a secret. Accidentally meeting one another will change their lives forever. Now Clary has to learn all about the world she never knew about and find her own place in it.  Being back with Shadowhunters has its advantages, many of them actually. I'm honestly in love with the world that Cassandra created and I'll be back in this world again. Seeing as the world is created and divided was a magical journey and that's what I maybe missed in The Infernal Devices. But as much as I loved The Infernal Devices this series left the bad taste in my mouth. I'm sorry for comparing the two but quite honestly I can't help myself. You can feel how the author's writing advances in The Infernal Devices and how her characters are more mature. All that makes the series better than this one. Still a lot of people told me that this one becomes better with time so I can't wait to see more. Also there is a movie and don't get me start about the whole Jace-Clary relationship.

         For those reasons I'll continue this series, but right now I'm really curious about the movie. Honestly I can't wait to see it.
Until the next time,


Broj komentara: 11:

  1. Hi there! New follower here! I sort of agree that the Infernal Devices were a better read than The Mortal Instruments series. :) I like the cast in Infernal Devices way better, their characterizations were better and they had more personality for me. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I love this series :) I liked the first book in the Infernal Devices series, loved it actually. But I on't know if I will continue on with that series for some reason...My own weird mindset there! lol I have book 2, but don't know when I'll read it though. I hope you like the second book better than this one!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Tanja, you're not alone! Believe it not... I read newspapers backwards as well! I thought I was crazy, but good to know I have company! *thumbs up* :P

    One of the main reasons I want to read this series is the movies. It's on my TBR and I hope to read it sometime!

    Nice review! :D

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I liked this one but I don't think I will continue on. I can't really compare because I never read that series. Simon was someone I was eh about but everyone says to give him a chance... I'll probably ... depending on the trailer watch the movie.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Awww, sorry this series isn't quite working as well for you! I can see how starting with an author's most recent work and then going back to her earlier work might work against you a bit as clearly an author matures the more they write. I hope you continue on though, because I do feel they get better as they go, though they may never top the ID series for you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. I know you, Zemira and Miss didn't like TMI, but I kinda love it...

    Thanks for comments, girls and welcome, oh you new follower!;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Thank you girls :) Also thanks for following :)

    Sarika *high fives* :D
    And yes I don't believe this series will be better than ID but still I'll go on :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Oh yay! You've started reading this. I loved this series, but I stopped reading after book 3. I'm not picking up book four until all of them are out. Cassandra Clare is one of the queens of evil cliffhangers. I hate cliffhangers. Great review. Hope you like the next two better Tanja. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. LOL I agree with this about cliffhangers! :D I'll read the rest of them slowly so I don't have to wait long till the last book. :) Thanks :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Great review, and I feel the same about City of Bones...in fact I haven't even finished it yet, just lost interest halfway. I do want to finish it because the trailer looks awesome, and everyone says Clare is getting better and better :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...