23. lip 2012.

My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick


Buy the book:

Author's:

Book summary:

"The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?"

What I thought about it...

      This book was worth waiting for. I've read it in two days despite the fact that I was head over heels in all that boring end-of-the-school-year paperwork that us, teachers, are so fond of.

     First, I can not believe that this is Huntley Fitzpatrick's debut novel. I've read so many bad books lately and those authors didn't have the excuse of first attempt in their writing careers. My Life Next Door reminded me a lot of Sarah Dessen novels - by the concept and the writing style. And I love Sarah Dessen.

     My Life Next Door is great example of what does it mean to create believable characters - we are introduced with everyone gradually and getting the informations about each characters trough their actions. There isn't author's eulogy about them on five pages or constant describing of every single clothing choice. (Dear authors, you can describe, but make sure it actually has a point and that it's relevant for the story - like clue in mystery novel. On the other hand, three pages descriptions of what your main heroine is wearing on her first day in school just for the sake of describing is not a good move.)

     What I liked the most? The way relationship between Samantha and Jase developed. There's such a positive message for all the young girls - if I had a teenage daughter, I would make her read this book. But it's not just another story about girl who falls for the boy - read it and you'll see.

     For the end I can say only one thing - I can't wait for Huntley Fitzpatrick's next novel.

Until next time,

    

4 komentara:

  1. Hi! I tagged for the Liebster Blog Award! Click on the following link for further info:

    http://ravenfic.blogspot.in/2012/06/liebster-blog-award.html

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. "You love me1 You really love me!":DDD
    Thanks!:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. I loved their relationship too.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...