26. svi 2012.

Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2) by Josephine Angelini



Buy the book:

Author's:
Book description:

"As the only Scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she has the strength to go on.
Just as Helen is pushed to her breaking point, a mysterious new Scion comes to her rescue. Funny and brave, Orion shields her from the dangers of the Underworld. But time is running out—a ruthless foe plots against them, and the Furies' cry for blood is growing louder.
As the ancient Greek world collides with the mortal one, Helen's sheltered life on Nantucket descends into chaos. But the hardest task of all will be forgetting Lucas Delos."

What I thought about it...

     Are you, Jose Angelini, one of the descendants of, um, I don't know... Is there Greek goddess of torturing by cliffhangers? Just to make one thing clear - I wouldn't mind if you leave the love story as it is. Yes, I am that kinky.

     Second book in Starcrossed series picks up where first one ended so maybe it would be good idea if you refresh your memory before you start reading. Dreamless is more focused on Helen's role in the new world she found herself part of. Don't be disappointed, there's going to be lot of emotional tensions - all suckers for romance will be really happy because there's a new boy. And he's not just any boy - I'm still in team Lucas, now even more than before: good boy is seriously gone bad. Actually, all characters are darker and whole book has this gothic feeling especially parts about the Underworld. But I have to admit one thing. I love strong and believable female characters more than hot, bad, bookish boys and Helen is definitely in this group.

     I think that even if you didn't enjoyed that much in the first book, you are going to devour this one. All the things I found lacking in the Starcrossed is set on the right path in sequel. Josepine Angelini is growing up as the author and I think I have a new girl crush (latest one was on Tara Kelly). Speaking about Josephine, check out her blog post Photos vs Imagination - is it good thing to put faces on the covers and how does it influence the way readers imagine characters. One more reason why I like this girl so much. What do you think? Do you  agree with Josephine?

Until next time,

***NOTE! Copy of the book is kindly provided by the publisher, Harper Teen. I'm not paid for writing review - I do this for free as lover of written word. All opinions in this review are personal.

1 komentar:

  1. Dreamless also introduced a love triangle. I know, I know....WHY? I wasn't exactly jumping for joy when I found out about this, but I do have to say that Josephine Angelini really made it difficult for me to choose between the two boys. The new guy, Orion, is simply wonderful and is described as a total hottie. I really despise love triangles because they are so overdone now in young adult literature, but I have to say that I enjoyed the interactions between Orion and Helen, and there isn't as many hurtles stacked up against them as there is with Helen and Lucas, but where is the fun in that? I'm curious to see how this will play out in the third and (I think?) final book. Some people may be a little disappointed to know that Lucas isn't a huge part of this book since he doesn't get as much page time as he did in Starcrossed.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...