10. velj 2012.

Amplified by Tara Kelly



Book description:

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . .
My review:
 
    I already know what will be the biggest "don't like" for some of the readers - ending of this novel. But that's just what was turning point in my decision to give Amplified five stars instead of four. Author didn't give in to the temptation of the usual happy endings - girl gets the boy, daddy and mommy are my biggest fans after all and so on... And this girl knows how to use the words and not make them pathetic and cheesy.
    I have to admit that I didn't completely understand all those music terminology - I googled a little bit about it and Tara's "background" - she is writing from her personal experience which is in my opinion one of the best quality in my favourite author. Yes, she goes on my fave list!:)
    One more thing - as soon as I read word Placebo and Meds, I knew she would me my kind of a girl!

    If you want to learn more about author or her books, visit her web page thetaratracks.com or the Amplified Official Book Website amplifiedthebook.com.
    I can't wait to read Harmonic Feedback and everything she'll write in the future.

   My rating: 5/5

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...